Everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat by following CDC recommendations:
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings to avoid spreading COVID-19 to others in case you are infected but do not have symptoms.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are considered critical supplies that should be reserved for healthcare workers and other first responders, as recommended by CDC.
- The cloth face covering is not a substitute for social distancing.
- CDC continues to recommend that people try keep about 6 feet between themselves and others.